Old November 4th 03, 05:05 PM
MRQB

It is against visa/mastercard rules call visa/master card file a complaint
if you have proof send them the recipe with the surcharge they will credit
you back for it. i will not deal with any company that dose a surcharge for
taking credit card and if i find one that is charging i report them ASAP. i
take credit cards in my business i pay 0.9% + $0.10 per transaction that is
a min cost that will get me another customer that wants to use a credit card
and it also is a business cost witch at tax time helps.

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
Maule Driver wrote:
Everything about American Flyers smelled like "produce revenue while
providing the absolute mininum in service and value".

I only have one experience with AF. They took over the flight school
ops from Westair at White Plains a couple of years ago (I'm not sure
why, but I suspect what was going on was the airport squezed Westair
on rent when they tore down Westair's old building and put up a fancy
new one). I took a couple of hours of in their simulator.

When I paid my bill, I was astounded when they tacked on a few extra
bucks to cover credit card transaction fees! It wasn't a whole lot of
money, but I've never heard of anybody ever doing anything like that.
I didn't even think it was legal.