Old November 4th 03, 05:05 PM
Maule Driver

"Roy Smith"
Everything about American Flyers smelled like "produce revenue while
providing the absolute mininum in service and value".

I only have one experience with AF....

When I paid my bill, I was astounded when they tacked on a few extra
bucks to cover credit card transaction fees! It wasn't a whole lot of
money, but I've never heard of anybody ever doing anything like that.
I didn't even think it was legal.

That's funny. That may have been the reason I paid by check and found it so
hard to get a refund. I *never* pay by check. But given a transaction fee,
I would.

You know, I can't quite justify calling them scumbags....