Old October 4th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

Default A close call...

On Oct 3, 4:18 pm, Dallas wrote:
My ex-Wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started
and she got here license shortly before our divorce was final, later that
same year.

Yesterday afternoon, she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was
piloting when she was forced to make an emergency landing in Southern Texas
because of bad weather. Thank God our kids were with me at the Beach House
this weekend.

The NTSB issued a preliminary report citing pilot error: The VFR rated
pilot's continued flight in to instrument conditions. She was flying a
single engine aircraft in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while
only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating).

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on
board. No one on the ground was injured.

Photographs below were taken at the scene show the extent of damage to her
aircraft.

http://tinyurl.com/2arevd

--
Dallas