Old March 23rd 04, 03:20 AM

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:33:47 -0700, "Tom Sixkiller"
wrote:

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
The problem that these people have is not really with airplanes. They just
don't like other people. They don't like the evidence of other people.

They
don't like the effects that the existence of other people have on their
lives.

Partly right, I'd say. What they hate is that someone can afford an airplane
for a toy, just like the environazis hate those who can have an SUV for a
toy.

I'm hoping that possibly you are all aware of some aspects of this
case that I haven't been exposed to.

The "story" I heard was that there was a local "box" being used for
aerobatics practice, and the neighbors were sick of listening to it.

If this is true, I'm somewhat sympathetic. I would be interested in
knowing the chronological order of the houses/owners and the
establishment/usage of the box in question.

I useta live about 1/4 of a mile away from an official "box", that was
primarily used by one waiver'ed pilot in a 180 hp Great Lakes. Bear in
mind that I've spent the last 20+ years listening to airplanes taking
off and landing 8-10 hours a day.

In the summertime, with the windows open, it was LOUD. Unless you've
been there, I'm afraid that most of you have no idea how annoying it
is. The aerobatics (at least the ones I was exposed to) consisted of
periodic repeated exposure to sounds comparable to a StationAir on
floats at gross weight taking off at WFO, again, and again, and again.

When I got truly sick of it, I was fortunate enuff to be able to call
over to the airport (12 miles away) and tell them to get ahold of the
Chief Pilot (the waiver'ed pilot) of my Pt 135 employer on the radio
and remind him that ****ing off his Director of Maintenance (yours
truly) on a Saturday afternoon/evening was not in his best interests.

What typically followed was an alleged low pass over my roof, and a
little peace and quiet.

TC