Old February 28th 17, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Ainslie

Default EASA licence and insurance

Thank you everyone for the help! We have tight deadlines but may be able to get this done. the key issue is, where is the glider registered? If the glider is US registered, they need the FAA document no matter what other licence they have. If hey arrivewith their own glider, then they can use the EASA route... or at least that's as I now understand it.

Unfotunately that subtlety was lost on the BGA representative that Jon, the affected pilot, spoke to, so that he was misled into thinking that everything was hunky dory with his EASA licence. It was only when I called Costello to add him to my insurance that we realized we had a problem!