Old February 4th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default "SOARING" possibly in legal jeoprady

Brian wrote:

Yes, but recently a patent was issued for the peanutbutter and jelly
sandwich. I suppose now each day a mom or dad makes one for their kid's
lunch they will have to pay a royalty.

Brian

I recall that the PB&J patent was for a particular structure that
allowed the sandwich to be manufactured, packaged, and sold. The trick
was a technology to keep the jelly from soaking into the bread.

The funnier one to me was some years ago when someone made a new peanut
butter that contained only 100% peanuts--no additives, no hydrogenated
oil, stiffeners, etc. He was sued--successfully as I recall, because
"peanut butter" had these other things in them. His 100% peanuts only
spread had to be called "artificial" or some such because it wasn't
similar to the regular stuff. There is some logic to that, but it is
somewhat convoluted.