Old October 21st 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default 737 Replacement

Sylvain writes:

oh, and whence do you reckon hardware comes?

Hardware testing is much more straightforward, because it is much more
difficult to design and build complex hardware, and because hardware
does not have many catastrophic failure modes. Additionally, hardware
is expensive and cannot easily be modified, so there is a much greater
incentive to get it right.

I have worked on low level embedded
stuff, and believe me, there are bugs in hardware ...

I don't doubt that, but it hardly excuses bugs in software.