Old February 7th 12, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default New Butterfly Vario

I was going to ask Sean if he's instrument rated and current. Is he
competent flying partial panel? Notwithstanding the above, is his glider
certified (in this country) for cloud flight? Is he going to pick up an
instrument clearance before needing to use this instrument?

I am qualified and have considerable experience flying partial panel in real
clouds, but I wouldn't so flagrantly voilate the rules as Sean seems to be
implying he's willing to do.

But wait! Wasn't it he who implied that it was *I* who am neither
intelligent nor safety conscious?

Can't have it both ways, Kid...

"Herbert kilian" wrote in message

I am installing a turn and bank. I thumb my nose at this rule. Go ahead
and throw me out of the contest. I honestly could care less.

That vario by the way is REALLY nice and I strongly encourage anyone
interested to buy it regardless of this ridiculous rule which deliberately
discourages safety, innovation and trust.

Hey Sean, aren't you the kid from my 6th birthday party who didn't
like the rules when we played 'hide and seek', packed up the present
he had brought and left??? You haven't changed a bit...