Old July 26th 16, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default 2-33 Wanted

Ever wondered why "basic learners" dropped out of soaring because they, "learned in glass" but didn't want to move to something they could afford or felt like they made a "back step"?
Hmmmmmmm?

Part of why we do primary in a 2-33, solo, then 1-26, then move to 1-34. Yes, at some point the ASK-21 comes in, but fly first, learn to find/use thermals second, move from there.

My perspective since the early '70's, still valid in lots of places in the US today.