Old June 6th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Voltage Regulator replacement

jmk wrote:
mikem wrote:

Here's an interesting story for you guys to ponder... Years ago, some time after
I installed my Stormscope (and with a fairly new alternator), the anal retentive
electrical engineer in me decided to get one of those solid state Zeftronics
voltage regulators. It created a phantom storm on the Stormscope. I checked
all the grounding, etc, and tinkered with it for a few days, then I re-
installed my mechanical regulator. It's been fine ever since. I still have
that solid state regulator around somewhere. I'm going to try it again, when
I get a chance.

--- Jay

--

Jay Masino "Home is where the critters are"
http://www.JayMasino.com