Old February 8th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.student

Default Why airplanes fly

Simply put, this is a place for people to talk about flying, and aspects of
aviation. *The current crop of loons are not interested in serious
discussion of such. *Neither are the people that egg them on. *There should
be no place for that, here.

Like it or not there are loons and trolls on the Internet.

The Internet has no law enforcement, not much content enforcement --
and I LIKE it that way. If there's a brawl, so be it. It's not like
you can't ignore that. There are plenty of tools to help you filter
out anything you don't want to see.

If you know so much about aviation and flying already that you can't
learn anything here, there're a few very simple solutions.

I come here because there ARE people who I think have a high level of
experience with piloting and I like asking them questions. I listen to
what they say and I learn from it. I don't have many opinions, usually
just questions.

But I'm sticking to this opinion: I get an occasional laugh out of
Mx's postulating and theorizing.