Old September 19th 20, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default Hero, Garmin or OTHER?

On Friday, September 18, 2020 at 7:35:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Thank you all for the feedback.

This was one of the tougher choices for me. After watching video comparisons until my eyes bled I narrowed my short list to the Garmin Ultra 30 and the GoPro 8 Black. The Ultra 30 has already been phased out in a couple of markets. I have no idea what is going to replace it.

Today, I got an advert for the GoPro Hero 9 Black for $349 with 32gb sandisk and a one year subscription to their cloud/pro discounts and free two day shipping. That was 50 bucks cheaper than anyplace else so....it'll be here in time for next weeks flying.

Haven't needed to heat up my soldering iron in a while but this winter might want to make a changes to my panel

Shaun,
Every GOPRO I have had shut down from heat after 30 minutes.

Go to Amazon CrossTour CT9700 cam

Save yourself lots of money, buy a battery pack RAVPower RP-PB19 and the CrossTour cT9700 will run the entire flight.

Richard