Old June 1st 21, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Zivley[_3_]

Default Oudie/Flarm alarm from my own ADS-B/Transponder

Jonathan,

You're missing the lines that state you have a transponder and what type and whether you prefer aggressive or normal filtering.

$PFLAC,S,MODEC,X
$PFLAC,S,OWNMODEC,X
$PFLAC,S,PCASCALIBRATION,30
$PFLAC,S,XPDR,X
$PFLAC,S,MODESALT,X

these are from my file, but since my transponder may be different than yours I've changed the values to an "X" so you'll need to get the correct values based on your setup.

A better recommendation is to go to the Flarm web site and use their configuration tool. It has gotten better than it was.

https://flarm.com/support/tools-soft...guration-tool/

It's a bit techy, but then you'll end up with a file that should work better than the somewhat limited file you included below.

I would recommend to check the box that says "advanced settings". Just don't adjust the items about baud rates, protocol, or data sentences. Most of the rest makes sense to non EEs.

I would suggest to use the altitude that your transponder is sending out so that your Flarm and the transponder are sending the same altitude info. Maybe others recommend differently. Of course, this assumes that your transponder altitude calibration is accurate.

"Rebroadcast Services" is only for Flarm units in the US which also have the necessary license. If you have a Flarm Fusion or if you paid for the extra license for your core then you'll want to stay with the default value of ADS-R and TIS-B otherwise might as well select "none".

Mark

I am having the same issues: Flarm and transponder see each other as enemies. This is my config file:
$PFLAC,S,DEF
$PFLAC,S,ID,A2CEDC
$PFLAC,S,ACFT,1
$PFLAC,S,NMEAOUT1,41