Old April 6th 04, 05:35 AM
pacplyer

"John Harper" wrote in message news:1081182853.506948@sj-nntpcache-5...
"Jack Allison" wrote in message
Hi Jeff. I fly out of Lincoln. Nice little airport but ya, no
hotels/rental cars. SAC (or "Sacramento Executive) is probably the best

bet
if you're staying at the Sheraton in down town Sacramento. It can be a

busy
place but I've never had any problems getting in/out of there. Make sure
you have an airport diagram as other folks have mentioned, it can be a tad
confusing the first time.

Also for whatever reason the tower folks are notoriously short-tempered.
Expect them to yell at you if you get anything even slightly wrong, and
expect them to go out of their way to find something you've done wrong.
Once when I was there they mishead a readback and yelled at me for
getting it wrong. Apparently this kind of thing is quite normal there.

John

I used to instruct there 20 years ago. It seems like it was easy for
new guys to mix up rwy 20 with rwy 2. This and getting lost on the
ground lead to a lot of yelling by the tower as I recall. Funny, some
things never change. Took my wife up into the tower a few years ago.
We're chatting with this nice young controller and this annal alpha
hotel runs up into the cab and shouts: "YOU'RE STANDING IN MY SPOT!"
The other guy wasn't even surprised. He'd seen this yelling tradition
before.

pacplyer