Old November 7th 03, 11:24 PM
Teacherjh

6. Enjoy the flight! We need more pilots refusing to be intimidated by this
airspace

I agree. Recently I've flown in there several times, IFR to ensure that I
don't bungle anything. More recently I went in VFR, 1500 feet above the
treetops. Approaching the ADIZ they could not find my flight plan, and I
eventually started slowing down to avoid premature penetration, but they
eventually got it sorted out and cleared me in. Once in, no problem; just flew
direct to my destination (Gaithersberg) and parked.

There was some issue with another plane that had gotten two different squawk
codes, and they were talking about scrambling jets to intercept, but I don't
know what came of that. I didn't read anything in the papers.

Flying out I just got a squawk code, departed with it and contacted ATC when
airborne. They asked me to relay to the Gaithersberg FBO about whether another
aircraft had in fact landed safely, but that was it.

Jose