Old October 21st 05, 05:06 AM
Montblack

Default Young Eagles + AvWeb

("tony roberts" wrote)
It sucks a lot more if you're the kid on the ground who can't get a
flight. We routinely fly over 100 kids per YE day with 5 or 6 planes.
If we only take one per flight, a lot of those kids ain't flying.

Wow, from all of the posts I see my experience has NOT been the norm.

When I've been up to the north end of the field by the tower, on a weekend
Young Eagles have been flying, I've usually seen 5-8 planes lined up. One
kid per plane is escorted out to the taxiway. They have a YE staging area
inside the American Wings Museum. This was also how they handled the flights
when my niece went for her first airplane ride as a YE, a few years ago.

Maybe I've missed the busy YE weekends with lots of kids.

Montblack