Old October 15th 18, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default Garmin/InReach

On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 8:42:19 AM UTC-7, WaltWX wrote:
I noticed same thing. Garmin InReach wouldn’t show track through Mapshare URL, but did display ok when logging into my account. This was for a 2.75hr flight on Sat Oct 13. My plan was to call Garmin support today. Bottom line.. check on a short test for a track using Mapshare URL

Walt WX

SOLVED...

Contacted Garmin InReach support. There was a setting unchecked on my account related to MapShare which allows the public URL to display tracks.

1) Log into your Garmin Inreach account
2) Go to: "My Info" -L "Social" tabs
3) You are on "MapShare" page
4) A green button should show MapSha On (mine was ok)
5) Select the "Filter MapShare Data" button
6) There are three check boxes.. All three should be checked. On my account the "Library" box was unchecked. After checking that box... suddenly the URL mapshare line showed my most recent flight Oct 13th.

I have no idea how the box got unchecked. Perhaps a web design changed that changed the default.

Wall is well now.

Walt Rogers WX