Old January 17th 05, 02:24 AM
stol

Robert Bates wrote:
I was reading on a site about someone running a Chevy LS1 that was

derated
to 320hp and bone stock that was running 10.9 gal/hr at cruise. Does

anyone
have experience with these engines? If it is accurate, that is quite

savings over Lycoming and Continentals of that HP.

My Zenith 801 is running a 347 cu in all aluminum Ford V-8. I detuned
it to about 310 hp to keep the plane from breaking in half and on take
off I am burning 11.8-12.3 an hour. I throttle back to a fuel burn of
6.5 or so for cruise. Remember, on aircooled motors they use 30-40 % of
the fuel just to cool the heads/cylinders. Being liquid cooled we can
shift that cooling demand to our radiators and burn less fuel in the
process.

Ben Haas N801BH