Old August 9th 11, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

Default PowerFlarm at Uvalde?

At 04:58 09 August 2011, Rob Cluxton wrote:

It works well.

It does use up the batteries quickly though. 6 hours is about all I've
gotten out of it so far.
--
Rob
1K

Which suggests it's a bit of a pig, 300 mA or there about. Can't say I'm
surprised. The manual is rather coy about this, says only that a 500 mA
fuse should be used.

Frank has posted a picture of his glare shield installation at
soaringcafe.com, have a look.

Reading the manual affirms the conservative wisdom of our RC guys. This
device is not a "drop in" installation on my ship, or maybe on yours: if
you have a portable on order, better read that manual and understand the
location requirements. "MIRA" would have led to a lot of frustration for
the unprepared. That said, a hearty thank you to Rex Mayes and all those
thoughtful donors who are making the rental program go, as well to all my
friends who've queued up to order. I look forward to the day we're
(nearly) all flying Flarm, voluntarily.

I have a brick on order, myself.

-Evan Ludeman / T8