Old August 10th 15, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Hanke

Default Travel Channel - Soaring Filming at Adirondack Soaring in Saratoga Springs

Adirondack Soaring in Saratoga Springs, NY spent two days filming a segment for the Travel Channel called America the Beautiful in May. The premise of the show is to provide adventures/ activities throughout different states in the US. The story here is that 17 year old Sadie Schwab, was to fly her first XC in a Duo Discus and I was flying along in my Discus 2a. We had cameras/ go pros mounted in the cockpit, on winglets, and the tail. They also chased us with a Cessna 206 with the door off to get a "big" camera shot. Hopefully, this will help promote the sport. This segment is expected to air in Sunday, August 23rd at 7 pm. We will see what the final editing will be like??

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/a...-the-beautiful

Tim Hanke
Operations/ Treasurer

Adirondack Soaring Association, Inc.