Old October 12th 03, 05:57 AM
Kizuno

Dr. Jack,
Having fought the ant wars at my trailer about 50 feet away from your ship, I
was only able to eliminate them (for the time being) by throwing a (thin) layer
of Diazanon around the areas where they entered. Those being the 5 ground
contact points (2 wheels, one front wheel and the two rear jacks.

They have plagued my trailer since June. I had used many things against them
before but only the Diazanon worked. Plus I sprayed the weeds around the
trailer with Roundup to prevent other access means. Terribly politically
incorrect, but hey, it's them or me.

I believe they are attracted not to any food I've left in the cockpit (although
that has happened before), but to the condensation around the trailer upper
half lid.

The bug wars never end. A couple months ago, I flew the glider from Tonopah to
Santa Barbara, stayed for three days, then flew back to Hollister. Upon
lifting my seat cushion to wipe out the dust, there sat one of those 4 inch
long nasty semi-scorpion Tonopah spiders. After killing it, I flashed on the
ending scene of the first "Alien" when Sigourney Weaver though she was rid of
the monster, only to find it was traveling with her. Ack!

But I digress.........

Kemp