Old March 28th 11, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PCool

Default New "Android" Tablet

Truly the LK (as many thousands pilots and hundreds of clubs are calling it) does not currently run on any other device other than Windows CE.
However we are preparing for migration to other platforms during next year.
As of now, we are committed to make it work smoothly on 80 dollars running with slow processors, as well as faster models.
Our concern is that the many thousands pilots and hundreds of clubs that have adopted the software and bought this year a PNA to run LK, will not change it during this or the next season for a 500 euro device.
A PNA or Tablet priced 500 euro is out of the market for 99% of pilots. Expecially compared to those 80 euro MIO 400...
Things in the future shall change. This is our vision.

paolo

"Max Kellermann" ha scritto nel messaggio ...
jsbrake wrote:
RIM (BlackBerry) announced that their PlayBook will be able to run
Android apps (by using an app). Does anyone know if XCSoar or LK8000
would run in such an environment? Is the PlayBook daylight readable?

One thing is su LK8000 will *not* run on it. LK8000 is not
portable, it runs only on Windows, no Android.

XCSoar might run, but the PlayBook has only just been announced, and
the technical specifications are unknown yet. The PlayBook does not
run with Android natively, it has some sort of virtualization layer
for Android Apps. It is yet unknown how well they will emulate the
Android API.

I wouldn't put my money there, there are so many other good Android
products. I'm very delighted of my Dell Streak, it's perfectly
readable in direct sunlight, better than anything I have seen before.

Max