Old December 4th 03, 10:58 PM
Jim

Up to 10 hours on a PCATD with a CFII is loggable as simulated
instrument/simulator time/instruction recieved as long as you are working
toward your instrument rating.
You must work with your CFII on the prescribed training requirements of the
rateing, ie, you just can't play around on the PC with the CFII watching you
try to crash it into buildings or try to fly inverted.
This 10 hours is part of, not in addition to, the 20 hours total sim time
that is loggable while working toward your instrument rating.
PCATD time is not loggable towards recency or currency requirements.
It must be an approved PCATD.

did I miss anything?
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

wrote in message
Hello all... I was thinking of helping a research group at my school by
volunteering in an experiment to test new ATC communication procedures.

Supposedly, the
equipment is an i-GATE desktop simulator (PC-ATD) that is set up as a

Cessna 172R. My
question is whether or not this time would be loggable. Anyone know of

this equipment?
Along the same lines, if it's a 172R simulation, is it possible to log the

time if one is
not complex-rated? Interesting thought.

Thanks,
-Cory