Old November 20th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flyingmonk[_1_]

Default Mentally unstable airline pilot forcibly removed from flight deck

On Nov 20, 10:43*am, Kingfish wrote:
On Nov 20, 10:20*am, Denny wrote:

Given that the flight attendant holds a Commercial ticket and has the
instrument rating (is not current) it can be assumed that she was
capable of running a check list and handling the radio during an
approach and landing...
It is unlikely that she had 767 specific training, but the pilot knew
the systems and could direct her just the same as if he were giving
dual to a pilot going for the rating...

And the other thing is that landing the jet is not rocket science...
The cabin pressurization needed to be switched to landing mode... The
V speeds calculated (automatically displayed on the glass panel and
the pilot knows how to get those)... Flaps and gear at the proper
times - and remember to flare...
Fewer details than landing a pressurized prop twin...

ya, ya, ya, there are lots more details for the onboard PSU/power/
heating/cooling/etc/ systems, but those can all be dealt with after
landing...

denny

Remember to flare? You mean you can't three-point it? Are you reading
off a 767 descent & landing checklist there Denny? : )

Fortunately nothing out of the ordinary happned as having to deal with
an emergency in that situation would really ratchet up the stress. I'd
hope any commercial pilot could handle reading a checklist, even in a
widebody jet. What I found hysterical was the "one stewardess admitted
she held a current commercial pilot's license but said her license for
reading cockpit instruments had expired." So, I guess they had to
cover up the instruments on her side? Too funny... The media is a
hoot.

I wonder hour many hours in a B767 she got to log as instruction hours
from the capt. Hours in a B767 must be real expensive and if she had
to pay tax on that. g

Monk