Old January 20th 19, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hal Woodruff

Default Condor 2 v 2.0.5 with VR Support

Thanks for the help my eyesight and being able to focus with or without glasses. I did take Robert's advice and went to Best Buy to demo the Oculus. Without glasses the imagery was in focus and did not present any problems. It turns out that the online help files describe the focus is similar to viewing an item at about a 5 foot range in spite of the fact that the Oculus Rift lenses are about 1 cm away from your eyeballs.

The demo was impressive enough that I, too, bought the Oculus Rift on the spot.

Now onto to Condor - but first I need to wait for the computer upgrades to be able to operate VR equipment.