Old April 30th 20, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Best Flight Of the Day NA

On Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 7:35:34 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 7:00:50 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Well, the boys are learning how to fly a triangle. I take special pride in giving the flight of the day to the guys at Seminole Lake GP. I know Rich gets a bit defensive when I tease him about flying up and down HWY27. Yes, they ridge soar in Florida, right up and down the Florida Ridge elevation 67 feet! Way to go guys glad to see the motorglider group flying triangles.

I do think there will be more flights posted today, right now ZO and the crew from Seminole hold the top spots, but I am most positive there will be another post that may just get the flight of the day. Bob

Yep, as I predicted the boys at Seminole only took second place. Just happen to notice that the top flight was made yesterday from Treasure Coast Soaring Club. Todd Roy in his JS3 did an outstanding triangle yesterday against a wind of 25 knots at times and took first place for the day.