Old June 2nd 20, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2-32 landing Michigan

On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 8:20:03 PM UTC-4, Stephen Szikora wrote:
Someone tell the pilot to bank more in the circuit. Watch the yaw string. The pilot is using the rudder to turn ... something that can result in an unrecoverable spin.

Thanks Stephen, My CFI made that exact point. I struggled with to much rudder, he would say either "Increase the bank or get off the pedal." it is a challenge to co-ordinate the two at first. I have about 17 flights now but COVID has put a stop to it here for now.
Carl