Old June 2nd 20, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default 2-32 landing Michigan

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 6:40:16 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Thanks Stephen, My CFI made that exact point. I struggled with to much rudder, he would say either "Increase the bank or get off the pedal." it is a challenge to co-ordinate the two at first. I have about 17 flights now but COVID has put a stop to it here for now.
Carl

Hi Carl,

The 2-32 is a wonderful glider (best Schweizer IMO) but is really unforgiving if you stall in a skid! I'm sure your CFI has covered this, but it's really illuminating to take a high tow and practice stalls with a bit of rudder in - then be ready for spin recovery practice. Best to experience this at altitude, then fly fast, steep patterns down low.

Cheers and fly safe,

Kirk
66