Old October 3rd 04, 03:20 AM
Ray Perino

Roy,
I live in Invermere and fly regularly in the local mountains.
June and July are often excellent months to fly, with May and August as
possibilities, too. Although this was not a great weather year, I still put
in over 200 hours of flying time. If you are new to mountain flying there
is definitely a learning curve, but you can easily fly 5 to 7+ hours at a
stretch within final glide of an airport while familiarizing yourself and
admiring the beautiful scenery. Members of the Canadian Rockies SC are a
wealth of local and x-c flying knowledge and planning, and are always
willing to share.
For the straight goods, you should contact owner/operator of the Invermere
Soaring Centre, Trevor Florence, at the phone or e-mail listed on his site.
Hope to see you up here.
Ray

"Roy Clark" wrote in message
om...
Am thinking about a soaring week+ with a soaring pal at Invermere next
season.

We both have FAI Gold C with 1-2 Diamonds.

Base my DG-300 at Ephrata, Wa, USA.

Have visited the Invermere website and have a Canada Calgary VFR
Navigation Chart that already has some "Wow!" and drool stain spots.

Any suggestions/tips on times of year, 500Km folded or 500Km or nice
other tasks/routes, camping/rooms, tips on local color, microbrews &
fun, issues with Canadian or US Customs, etc. would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Roy Clark
B6