Old September 13th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
bdl

Default NATCA Going Down in Flames

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
You're describing controllers working a position. We're not talking about
them. We're talking about controllers napping while on a break so that they
may be alert when they return to work a position.

I want them alert BEFORE they return to work a position. I want them
at a minimum to be AWAKE when they are at the facility. On duty or on
break. If they've got nothing to do they can read the controller's
manual again. Or maybe the AIM. But in your world its too much to ask
that someone be required to be awake for a given predetermined 8 hour
shift.

It's as Jay suggested. If you think this type of attitude is going to
fly with the general public much less the pilot community when you
start complaining about privatization you're going to be surprised.

Most people would expect that someone at work could be expected to stay
awake.