Old April 11th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default Money grubbing FBO's

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 06:51:54 -0700, Matt Barrow wrote:

I'd assume that an "employee" is one that receives a W2. Otherwise -
again, going with my assumption - the person is something other than an
employee. After all, we're required to submit W2s for employees.

1099.

I found:

http://www.entrepreneur.com/manageme...icle59054.html

which claims that 1099s are not for employees but for:

any "independent contractor" who provided $600 or more of services to
your business

This is consistent with my understanding. I've tried to find instructions
on irs.gov regarding which document to file under different circumstances,
but that is eluding my searching.

Have you something which indicates that 1099 recipients may be considered
"employees"?

I'm not sure how much this would help anyway. All of the A&Ps or IAs with
whom we deal are either working at some multiperson shop or have set
themselves up as a shop that happens to be just them. In either case, no
1099 gets filed.

If your independent contractor does not show up for work, or violates your
rules, or gives unsatisfactory performance, what do you do?

What is the _relationship_ between you and the worker?

(The point is: anyone who works for you for money, is an _employee_; you're
reading the TAX relationship.)