Old January 28th 08, 06:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default Rodent Deterrent, Part Deux

Ferrets Rule!

Hugo and Rocko are pleased!

Brad

On Jan 27, 5:08*pm, rlovinggood wrote:
Thanks to all for suggestions on keeping rodents out of gliders and
glider trailers.

So far, so good. *No signs of "Mickey Mouse" today.

A couple or three weeks ago, I did the following:

1. *I removed all food from the glider and the trailer. *I had a
pretty good supply of crackers and granola bars in there.

2. *I cleaned up all traces of mouse habitation (well, maybe not all)
in the glider and in the trailer with combinations of compressed air,
vacuum cleaner, and wash water. *The trailer is VERY CLEAN now! *And
so is the inside of the glider. *It's the cleanest it's been in years.

3. *I placed some clothes dryer fabric softener sheets in the cockpit
and in the trailer.

And the piece de resistance:

4. *A plastic tub with pure ferret poop placed on the trailer floor
right at the rear of the trailer.

I still have to run a pressure/vacuum check on the pitot/static
system, though.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA