Old June 29th 19, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default TE Probe O-ring came off

I am trying to recall a multi probe with o-ring on the probe. Mine all have the o-rings internal.

If it is not supposed to be there I assume you should get it out. Dental tool/o-ring pick and a bright light. Pulled all the o-rings out of these mounts that way before. ESA have o-ring kits for the mounts, one I used came with silicone lubricant. Or use suitable silicone o-ring lube. (Eg At annual I would clean any dust/grit in mounts out with lint free wipes, inspect carefully, and apply a tiny amount of lube to the o-rings/probe and work around. Keep covered (but not air tight) when not in use and do not use extra lube daily). I am not sure if the nose wiping ritual helps or hurts. All that salt getting inside the mount.

Darryl