Old October 3rd 03, 04:23 PM
Robert Ehrlich

goneill wrote:

We call our location and speed eg:10k 120 the mill, 5k 130 bombay gardens,
1k vne stevees quarry, this works on airfields we know ,
simply institute a location/reporting point that everyone knows or has been
designated which gives an immediate heads up response by the pilot
"someone is near me" where is he?

The last time I watched a contest organized at our airfield, there was a rule
that any finisher must call by radio when he was at 10km and then at 1 minute,
and say his intention (low pass or direct landing), and wait for an answer
from the contest director allowing him to do so or directing him to do something
else.