Old December 8th 03, 04:37 AM
Guy Alcala

Yeff wrote:

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:31:58 GMT, Guy Alcala wrote:

I don't know how the F-18 is set up.

The F-15 is set up to "loft" the bullets (loft is the word I remember
reading, I just can't remember where I read it...) so I'd think MD did the
same with the Hornet.

That doesn't necessarily follow. Different missions, different services. The
F-15 was slanted A/A from the beginning, while the F-18 was originally two
variants, one fighter and one attack, which were later merged. I don't know
which was given priority as far as the gun alignment goes, or whether they
just left it in the middle. But if we ask on r.a.m.n., someone would probably
know.

Guy