Old December 14th 18, 12:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default LXNav screens (LX9000, LX9070, etc) and polarised sunglasses

On Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 3:30:12 PM UTC+2, wrote:
Thank you all

Jim: I’m attempting the reverse. Haze domes and cloud detail have been evading me. Something I’d like to change by going polarized.

CJ

Old wisdom is that you never fly with polarised glasses because sun's reflection from other aircraft is essentially polarised to one direction and will be invisible trough polarised lens. Seeing cloud outline far away, haze domes etc. requires good contrast, usually brownish tint is best. I use Zeiss Skylet sunglass lenses which give amazing color reproduction AND contrast (very difficult to do both). I think they are optimal for gliding (and quite expensive, unfortunately). Absolutely no problems with any glider displays.