Old December 2nd 04, 08:06 PM
Ron Natalie

Dude wrote:
Having driven many of them, I understand why they would not want you to
drive it.

Mercedes had a special event last summer when they invited a whole slew
of people out to the parking lot of the local pro sports team and drove
a few hot autocross laps with a professional driver (mind you they wouldn't
let us do that ourselves), they also let us test drive a few models in the
lot (at lower speeds) and test a car with AWD (or was it antilock) on a little
soapy skid pad.

All it did is convince me I didn't want a Mercedes. Even the so called
"sports" models had steering and handling that you'd expect from a limosine.