Old September 23rd 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roger (K8RI)

Default Almost Taken to the cleaners!

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:51:17 -0600, Newps wrote:

Ben Jackson wrote:

Well, did you make him an offer for $10k more first? I'd be ****ed if
someone negotiated with me and then chopped 1/3rd off their offer.

But if you're not in the ballpark as a seller to start with you better
have thick skin.

Why would I need a thick skin? If the person on the other end can
present their case in a professional and calm manner I'll listen. If
they can't even if they are willing to meet my price I hang up.

Sure, I'd sell the Deb which is the oldest of its type in existence
for a slightly exorbitant price which means the purchaser would need
to want it more than I do. Always stored inside, but still needs
paint. After a 1000 hours the upholstery looks pretty good but still
needs work, the engine only has a few hundred to TBO and doesn't even
require adding oil between changes, and the radios are elaborate for
their time, but that was a long time ago.:-))

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com