Old August 28th 18, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default avier battery replacement

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 5:00:06 AM UTC-7, Morris Carter wrote:
My avier battery does not want to take a charge. Can the battery be
replaced?

Hi Morris,

I assume you're talking about the flight computer. The battery is replaceable, but it involves some minor surgery as it's glued into the case. I ended up replacing mine with a Samsung S5 android phone and have been really happy with it. I got the Samsung used for about $150 last year. It does have an easily replaceable battery and a microSD card. Sunlight visibility is acceptable and it's much faster and smoother than the Avier for running LK8000 or XC-soar.

I do have a non-running Avier that has a battery in it. You're welcome to it for the cost of shipping, but I have no idea of the condition of the battery.

Best regards,
Craig