Old March 8th 09, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_4_]

Default motorgliders as towplanes

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 14:29:37 -0700, brianDG303 wrote:

I'm struggling with a similar question, and it relates to rebuilds. I
guess different rebuilds cost very different amounts, and it seem that a
Pawnee rebuild is $35K and a little more. Could it be that a cheaper to
rebuild tow plane could be a better choice?

Seems to me that you need to total up several factors:
1) The cost of replacing/rebuilding the tow plane
2) The cost of insuring the replacement for the time you'll keep it
3) The total operating cost for the time you'll keep it, i.e. include
both overhauls/part replacement as well as fuel and oil.

Then calculate the total cost per annum of each course of action.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK