Old February 6th 18, 10:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Air Mass (Blue dot) on Butterfly

I did the same tests last year in my LS8. It did not work. As per Air Avionics advice, electronic compensation with the Air Glide S only makes sense with multi-pressure probes (static / pitot from the same probe). My tests confirmed that - electronic compensation was simply not possible with any of the three fuselage static sources.

However, the vario works very well when connected to a TE-probe together with a Winter mechanic vario. This as long as the T-piece in the TE line is located about 2m away from both instruments. With this setup, there was no difference in the AirGlide vario readings with the Winter connected or removed from the TE line.