Old March 26th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Zaon MRX causing radio interference

On Mar 24, 1:49*pm, jcarlyle wrote:
It was 300-400 feet off, sometimes above and sometimes below us - and
we were doing a normal tow, not boxing the wake. Vents were closed (it
was 35 degrees F on the ground before takeoff). Hopefully he and I
will be able to fly together within the next month. I've got a Becker
ATC4401 that reports the encoded altitude, so we'll be able to compare
that with his MRX in real time at different separation distances and
heights.

The MRX internal baro altitude is both displayable and adjustable. It
should not require any other equipment, except an accurate altimeter
set to 29.92, to determine if the problem is the MRX baro sensor.

Andy