Old November 7th 11, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Electronic Yaw Alarm?

On Nov 7, 10:48*am, brtlmj wrote:
On Nov 7, 10:07*am, "Matt Herron Jr." wrote:

distinct tone or alarm with a certain degree of yaw. *Yes, we slip on
final on purpose all the time, but we better not be doing it in the
turn to base or final.

Why?

Bart

I think Matt meant a skid alarm, not a slip alarm. Slipping turns are
ok, and even a good method to loose altitude. But skid alarm sounds
like a good idea. I would not necessarily limit it to open spoilers
since if one is low on base to final when those accidents usually
happen, they would likely close the spoilers or did not deploy them at
all.

Ramy