Old January 26th 11, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Default DSX Safly (Safe Fly) Tracker

"Darryl Ramm" wrote in message
Deposits? I don't believe USA PowerFLARM dealers are requiring
deposits. I have a PowerFLARM brick on order and my dealer (Williams
Soaring) made absolutely clear that they were not requiring/accepting
deposits. I don't believe other dealers are requiring deposits and I
would be dissapointed if they are.

I understood some dealers do and some don't but that's up to the
dealer...but if in fact no one is taking deposits then the 300 units already
claimed sold is still then just vaporware and using the "already 300 units
sold" to get others to jump onto the band wagon is pretty false advertising
then too.....so if someone who has and then jumps off a cliff then the rest
will also follow?
tim

I think that FLARM, Butterfly and their USA distributors and dealers
are handling this in a very sensible way. Offering a reasonable
discount to early adopters to encourage adoption and encouraging
pooling of purchases to encourage adoption in specific areas since
percentage adoption in any area is important to the effectiveness of
the technology. And the 300+ (I've lost track of the latest stated
number of orders) orders so far in the USA seem to say that quite a
few glider pilots agree. Given the product capabilities, R&D,
certification and other costs involved in this these units already
seem reasonably priced. Yes we'll all like a mythical $500 collision
avoidance product that works well but there is just no way I ever see
that happening.

Darryl

[apologies if this reposts twice Google Groups seems to have a hiccup
this morning)]

database 5822 (20110126) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5822 (20110126) __________