Old December 29th 19, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

Default Any new news about the status of Seminole?

On Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 1:19:37 PM UTC-7, Marc V wrote:
"I guess this thread is a great example of why I DO NOT participate on social media."

"If the operation is being run well, why should the personal life and issues of the absentee Owner be of any concern to me???"

"I have been hesitant getting into sailplanes (I fly hang gliders) partly due to a reputation at some locations of being "Holier-than thou" and very snobish for lack of better words."

As a new resident to S.W. Florida, and a returning glider pilot I agree with the above.
Soaring / gliding is on the decline in the U.S. so as long as the operation is well run, I am not going to get too excited about the legal issues of the owner.

I'll make one comment about the "Holier-than thou" attitude. I've been in various hobby related clubs over the last 40 years and it has been my experience that 90% of the members are regular people who will help each other out and enjoy each others company and the hobby at hand. Roughly 10% of the members are egocentric "know it all's" with chips on their shoulders and opinions about everything. Unfortunately the 10% usually cause about 95% of the unnecessary drama in any club. R.A.S. included.
I used to let it bother me, and when I was younger I left a few clubs after dealing with those egomaniac style of personalities, that can really ruin a club or group. Now I focus on the other 90% of people who are more or less normal, and simply look humorously at those who would make mountains out of mole hills.