Old June 20th 20, 02:41 PM
Delta8 Delta8 is offline
Member

Location: Pa.
Default Battery question

I would like to build a 5 volt system to run Kobo with Top Hat/GPS as well as power my I phone with ForeFlight and a Stratux receiver for ads-b in . I like the audio collision avoidance that ForeFlight provides .
Currently using power banks but during long flights changing batteries is a pain .
I don't have Flarm yet but planning on in the future.
I have a 14v SLA battery for everything else.
Am I better of searching for a larger power bank ? Biggest I've seen is 70,000 mAh .
I've seen ways to convert 12v to 5 but they seem like they will drain battery life of the 12v .
Sorry for what may be a simple question with an obvious answer.