Old February 27th 15, 11:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Justin Craig[_3_]

Default CNVV question

Hi Don,

We have a family house just outside Sisteron (bought for gliding) the whole
area is beautiful and I would echo that Moustier is a must visit. Take the
Route Napoleon which takes you through the lavender fields.

Accommodation

I guess this depends what you wife wants to do during her days? The
airfield at St Auban does have a pool, but it will be "airfield"
accommodation. If she would like to get out and about then staying an Aux
en Provence might be worth considering. It is an easy drive of about a 45
minutes straight up the A51. The airfield is 1 km from the auto route.

Do you want hotel or rent a villa / house. Plenty of of lovely houses with
pools to rent locally. If you stay close to the airfield then your wife has
the freedom of the car.

Another place to recommend on a non gliding day is lunch in the coastal
town of Cassis...absolutely stunning.

Have a look at John Bridges website:

http://www.aircross.co.uk/sisteron/Links.htm

http://www.tourism-alps-provence.com/

If you have any questions, please do email me off the forum.

Justin

At 21:05 26 February 2015, Don Davidson wrote:
Hi, I'm planning to attend a mountain flying course at CNVV in St. Auban
in=
June, and I'm trying to get answers to a couple of questions from others
w=
ho have flown there.

First, I speak only enough French to mangle a dinner order. How much of

an
=
obstacle is that likely to be both for flight instruction and getting
aroun=
d the area?

Second, my non-pilot wife is going to accompany me, and I want to find
some=
really nice accommodations for her to enjoy while I'm flying. Any
suggesti=
ons? We'll probably have a rental car, so it won't be a problem for me to
d=
rive to the airport from someplace reasonably close.

Finally, we'll plan to do some sightseeing and other activities together
wh=
ile we're in the area, so any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Don Davidson=20