Old February 27th 15, 11:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default CNVV question

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 16:52:32 -0800, waremark wrote:

Not answering your question, but make yourself a translation table from
knots to kmph and from feet to meters. I found flying with unfamiliar
units on the instruments took up unnecessary attention.

Last time I did this: flying a totally unfamiliar glider type (Duo) with
unfamiliar metric instruments over a new area for me (Wiener Neustadt) I
had no problem with speeds or altitude, but did find I was misreading the
vario in sink. I kept taking a -2 reading as meaning 2 kts of sink when
it was double that in reality. As a result I had a tendency to think "no
problem" rather than "lets stick the nose down and get out of here" .

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK