Old July 5th 09, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Default A fair opportunity to compete?

Mike, We all take our turn at the end of the line, don't we? Did the
protesters take their turn in "good grace"? No, they protested a 1000
point day and won an unprecedented protest. To my knowledge this has
never happened before. I remember Big Charlie asking the last launcher
in nationals (Al Lefler), how he was doing? Al replied, I'm in
rain!.............Charlis held the gate 5 minutes, then opened it.
JJ

I might add that quite a few of the competitors who completed the task
were not thrilled with the decision to scrap the day, but at least
they exhibited good sportsmanship by accepting the decision in good
grace.

Mike