Old April 28th 21, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default How Do You Evaluate an OLC Flight ?

The folks at WeGlide.org appear to be open to scoring formula and data presentation suggestions. I just asked them to somehow identify declared fights. These are often more difficult that an ad-hoc choice once in the air.

5Z

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 11:56:26 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 5:42:45 PM UTC-4, Mike the Strike wrote:
Some years ago, OLC added bonus points for triangle flights after analyzing many cross-country flights - adding about 30% in points as I recall. Before that, points were based solely on distance and glider handicap.

This is a pretty rough guesstimate of evaluation - distance plus triangle bonus - but there are plenty of other variables left out.

Feel free to develop a new set of algorithms!

Mike

Mike, you are on the correct path. Old Bob